Even if you don’t know anything else about web marketing (and that’s okay), there are at least three letters you’ve probably heard of: SEO (search engine optimization).
SEO is an important part of a comprehensive web marketing strategy, which should also include paid digital advertising, video production, social media, and more. Each of those things translates directly to increased business.
But search engines remain the primary drivers of web traffic, and SEO steers that traffic in your direction.
A bad or non-existent SEO strategy is, basically, leaving money on the table.
Without a solid strategy, it is impossible to know what’s working and what isn’t. Spotty SEO execution yields minimal or mediocre results. That’s the biggest mistake businesses, law firms, and some marketing firms make.
Network Affiliates is a team of legal marketing experts with a unique approach to SEO for attorneys and law firms. We believe in SEO strategy, which means:
- Conducting extensive, data-driven research
- Choosing the right keywords and phrases
- Identifying underused keywords and capitalizing on them
- Determining the value of local vs. regional/national search to your law firm
- Naming specific goals (e.g. getting you to the top of the Google results)
- Plotting a specific course of action for achieving those goals
- Using high-tech analytics to monitor the strategy’s effectiveness
- Communicating clearly and regularly to make sure we understand your objectives and are making steady progress toward them
Google’s algorithms are always changing. Keeping up with them is essentially a full-time task. It is our job to understand what Google is looking for and follow through.
Keywords, backlinks, and page load time are important — but so is the amount of time each user spends on the site. That’s a signal the search engines use to identify what users like. If the engine can tell that people like your site, you’ll get a boost. It’s an important metric that too many designers overlook.
SEO isn’t magic, nor is it a guessing game. It’s a science, and your firm can measurably improve its current search engine performance by implementing disciplined and strategic SEO. You just need to know that you’re in good hands.
SEO Statistics for Attorney Websites
Consider the following data, collected in a series of recent studies by FindLaw, Hubspot, SEW (Search Engine Watch), and SEJ (The Search Engine Journal):
- 96% of the people who visit lawyers online use a search engine to do so.
- 75% of search users never click past the first page of results.
- The top Google result gets 36.4% of the traffic for that search. The second gets 12.5%. The third gets 9.5%. Each subsequent result earns incrementally less.
- 74% of people who run a search for a law firm ultimately end up calling one of those firms on the phone. In other words, the calls you receive may very well have originated from your website.
- Similarly, 74% of people who search for law firms online are ready to take action.
- 31% of online law firm traffic originates with a mobile search (that percentage has been trending upward in recent years, as mobile devices become increasingly popular).
- 87% of the people who contact a lawyer online ultimately hire a lawyer (usually the first lawyer they contact).
- Businesses with an active blog have 434% more indexed pages than those with a stagnant blog (or no blog at all).
Content Is King
There’s nothing Google loves quite so much as fresh, high-quality content. Those site-indexing robots just love to munch on words.
Your website primarily consists of metadata, static web pages, and recurring content.
Metadata is the stuff that readers never see — backend text that tells robots what your page is all about.
Static pages are your website’s landing pads — the home page, the practice area overviews, the “about our team” bios, and more.
Finally, recurring content refers to the blogging and featured content you add to your website on a regular basis. It’s the hardest kind of content for law firms to commit to (it takes time, after all, and dedication too), but it pays enormous SEO dividends.
Of course, there is non-written content too. And while Google loves great writing, your users love other kinds of content as well.
For example, your content kingdom might also consist of:
- Interactive elements
- And more
Users respond very positively to these alternative forms of content, and you’ll even get a valuable, secondary SEO boost out of them too. We can help.
Get Started with Expert SEO for Law Firms
At Network Affiliates, we offer targeted and strategic SEO for attorneys and law firms. We pride ourselves on tracking our SEO efforts, testing them for effectiveness, and reporting back to you.
Our vision is always fixed on your results. We can make a difference in your site’s search engine performance. Give us a call to talk about our options.